The DASA DevOps Product Owner Certification extends traditional Agile Product Owner programs and deals with the extended set of requirements that the Product Owner faces when teams start to take on both Dev and Ops responsibilities. The program covers the traditional Agile and Scrum concepts and capabilities but in context of DevOps.
In a DevOps environment, the Product Owner is a critical leadership role and responsible for managing the full lifecycle of a product from concept to grave.
Existing Product Owners without certification, Business and Project Managers, Business Information Managers, Business Analysts, Operations Managers and Enterprise Architects.
There are no prerequisites for this program, however basic familiarity with Agile, Scrum, and DevOps framework is beneficial. DASA recommends that participants have completed the DASA DevOps Fundamentals prior to joining the course but this is not a requirement.
This training course prepares you for DASA DevOps Product Owner certification exam.
The certification test is organized on the next day after completion of the training course.
The price of certification 240 eur + vat. will be added to the course fee.
Training material and exam are in English, training is run in Finnish or in English (see flags next to the training date).
Those who pay with Tieturi’s training card will be charged 175 eur + vat. for the material.
Typically Product Owner Certifications have a strong focus on Agile and Scrum and the software development lifecycle. When software development teams started working with the Scrum model, the Product Owner role became an important and influential role in a development team. With DevOps, the scope is expanding, and Ops becomes part of the scope. The DevOps Product Owner is now in charge of not just developing new features, but also for incidents that come in and regular operations work that needs to be performed. The number of stakeholders is expanding, and product lifecycle management becomes more important.
Objectives of DevOps Product Owner course
After successfully completing this course you will be able to:
– Understand the concepts of Agile and Scrum.
– Understand the Scrum framework including roles, events, the importance of backlog and the definition of done.
– Understand the role of Product Owner.
– Discuss the role and characteristics of the DevOps team.
– Explain the main competencies of the Product Owner.
– Describe what a Product Owner does in practice.
– Explain the Product Owner’s work.
– Discuss the importance of delivering value.
– Identify the Product Vision techniques.
– Discuss how to engage and influence stakeholders to maximize value.
– Outline various Agile estimation techniques used by Product Owners.
– Explain the role of Product Owner in managing Product Backlog.
– Address few challenging situations of a Product Owner.
Training days begin at 9:00 and end at 17:00, morning coffee available from 8:30 am onwards.
Context of the Product Owner
– Product Owner
– Agile Introduction
– Scrum Overview
– Relationship Between Agile, Lean, and DevOps
The Role of the Product Owner
– Role of the Product Owner
– Competencies of the Product Owner
– Product Owner in Practice
Agile Planning and Estimation
– Value of the Product
– Envisioning the Product
– Decomposing the Vision
– Engaging Stakeholders
– Influencing Stakeholders
– Estimating Work
– Monitoring Progress
– Scaling Delivery
– Challenging Situations for a Product Owner
About the DevOps Product Owner Certification Exam
The exam takes 60 minutes with non-native speakers of English being permitted an additional 15 minutes. It is a closed-book, web-cam or live exam and consists of 40 multiple-choice questions. The passing grade is 65%.
The price of the certification exam 240 eur + vat. will be added to the course fee.
Tieturi Oy, Mannerheimintie 15, Helsinki
1 550 euroa /hlö + alv 24 %.
Alle 14 päivää ennen koulutusta tehdyistä perumisista perimme osallistumismaksusta 50 %. Alle 7 päivää ennen koulutusta tehdyistä perumisista perimme osallistumismaksun täysimääräisenä. Mikäli et saavu koulutukseen, veloitamme koko osallistumismaksun ja mahdolliset jo tilatut testit.
Pidätämme oikeuden muutoksiin kansainvälisten koulutuskumppaniemme koulutuksiin. Näiden koulutusten osalta olemme sinuun yhteydessä ilmoittautumisesi jälkeen.