This is an intensive introductory course to Devops with an extensive hands-on component featuring practical exercises about every major component of Devops. Devops is a cohesive, widely used methodology that covers both processes and technical aspects of software development.The course consists of two separate modules. The first module is three days and the second module is two days.
For the course starting in September, the first module is held on 02.-04.09.2020 and the second module 17.-18.09.2020.
The course is an extremely effective way of gaining advanced-level expertise with a modern way of creating, managing and delivering software projects that is being used by top software companies throughout the globe. The core of the course is built around five key technical topic areas of Devops:
– requirements management
– version control
– acceptance testing
– cloud computing
Cloud computing is a powerful tool for modern software development and deployment. During this course you will learn how to set up a cloud server and use it for software deployment. Cloud will go from being a buzzword to an everyday tool that you will have practical experience of. You will be able to approach the subject of cloud without fear and understand in practical terms what it means to be using the cloud for software development.
As microservices grow more and more important, it is essential to understand how they function. Using tools like Docker, you will understand how to packet software in containers and run it on a server. You will learn to see what can and what can’t be classified as microservice architecture. You will also understand and learn to use continuous integration, the heart of the entire Devops pipeline.
This course will give you a complete picture of the modern methodology of software development from start to finish, from version control to deployment and getting your software to run in the cloud. It is the ultimate Devops starter kit that will propel you to the fast lane of Devops expertise.
During this course you will gain a complete picture of what Devops is, how it relates to modern software development and how to use the different technologies that are within the Devops framework.
After the course you will have an extensive understanding of Devops and its different components, technologies associated with it and the mindset that is enables software development in the most modern way possible. You will learn that software is best not developed as a huge monolith, but as a collection of components that can be independently developed, updated and deployed in a manner that is agile, modern and cost-effective. You will truly understand what kind of principles software development should be built on and havepractical experience in setting up processes accordingly. After this course you can confidently state that you know what a modern devops pipeline looks like, how it functions and know how to build one.
This course is aimed at IT professionals who have some amount of technical knowledge and are interested about the complete Devops pipeline, from planning to deployment. The technical knowledge doesn’t have to be necessarily related to the topic areas discussed but helps understanding basic concepts about version control, automation and requirements management.
We appreciate participants who are not afraid to open a terminal window if required and even write something there. Don’t worry, we will provide you with the instructions. You will just have to provide us with a good learning attitude.
After this course:
– You will have an understanding of how modern software development is done on both a procedural and a practical level. You will have a great understanding of best practices of software development and will update your basic toolkit to a level that is expected these days.
– You will understand what are microservices, what a modern software development pipeline looks like and how it is built. You will actually build one of these pipelines yourself during the course. This pipeline is a production-grade pipeline that you can use for any software deployment you wish to from now on.
– You will have the confidence and skills to start cloud servers, maintain them and configure them. Cloud will cease to be a mystical buzzword and turn to a practical tool you can confidently state that you master and can use in a wide variety of projects.
– You will have enough practical knowledge to start working on version control, test automation,
requirements management, cloud computing and microservices independently and also to start learning deeper aspects independently as well.
Course begins at 9.00 and ends at 16.-16.30. Breakfast is served from 8.30 onwards.
– Introduction to devops and requirement management
– Intro to agile software development and Devops
– Practical training: Requirement management (JIRA) with exercise
– Virtualization intro with Vagrant with exercise
– Version control
– Introduction to version control: Theory and basics
– Practical training: Basics of version control (GIT)
– Advanced usage and best practices
– Automatic acceptance testing
– Introduction to automatic acceptance testing
– Practical training: Automatic acceptance testing (Robot Framework)
– Cloud computing and provisioning
– Introduction to cloud computing and provisioning
– Practical training: Provisioning (Ansible)
– Practical training: Cloud computing (AWS)
– Docker & Jenkins
– Introduction to microservices
– Practical training: Containerization (Docker)
– Intro to continuous integration and delivery
– Practical training: Continuous integration (Jenkins)
– Practical training: Completing Devops production line (All tools)
Tieturi Oy, Mannerheimintie 15, Helsinki
3 300 euroa /hlö + alv 24 %.
Alle 14 päivää ennen koulutusta tehdyistä perumisista perimme osallistumismaksusta 50 %. Alle 7 päivää ennen koulutusta tehdyistä perumisista perimme osallistumismaksun täysimääräisenä. Mikäli et saavu koulutukseen, veloitamme koko osallistumismaksun ja mahdolliset jo tilatut testit.
Pidätämme oikeuden muutoksiin kansainvälisten koulutuskumppaniemme koulutuksiin. Näiden koulutusten osalta olemme sinuun yhteydessä ilmoittautumisesi jälkeen.