The ISTQB Advanced Test Manager qualification training focuses on test estimation, planning, monitoring and control.
After the training you can define the overall testing goals and strategy for the system being tested. You improve your skills to plan, schedule and track the tasks.
The course duration is 5 days.
– For training starting on 11.12.2017 the dates are: 1 st module 11.-12.12.2017, 2nd module 18.-20.12.2017
Training is designed to professionals who have advanced in their software testing career and want to certify on a higher level. This includes test managers, test analysts, test engineers, but also project managers, quality managers and development managers.
To take the exam candidates must hold the ISEB/ISTQB Foundation Certificate and they should have applicable software testing experience minimum of 18 months.
This training prepares you for the ISTQB Advanced Level Software Test Manager examination. The (optional) ISTQB Advanced Level certification test is organized around two weeks after the training. Examination costs are not included in the course price. An additional 220 € + vat will be charged for attending the certification examination.
The training material is in English, training is run in Finnish or English (see flags next to the date).
Those who pay with Tieturi’s training card will be charged 150 eur + vat. for the material.
Benefits of the Test Manager training:
After this syllabus based ISTQB advanced level training, you have improved you skills to:
– Describe and organise the necessary activities in software testing
– Select, acquire and assign the adequate resources to the tasks
– Select, organise and lead testing teams
– Organise the communication between the members of the testing teams, and between the testing teams and all relevant stakeholders.
– Justify the decisions
– Provide adequate reporting information where applicable.
Content of ISTQB Test Manager training
Basic aspects of testing
– Life cycle models
– Specific systems and metrics & measurement
– Test planning & control
– Test implementation & execution
– Evaluating exit criteria & reporting
– Test closure activities
– Individual skills
– Test policy
– Test strategy
– Test plan
Risk based testing
FMEA (Failure Mode and Effects Analysis)
– Business value of testing
– Test estimation and test scheduling
– Test team dynamics
– Fitting testing within the organization
Test management and control
Test management issues
– Exploratory testing
– Special systems
– Non-functional testing
Distributed, outsourced and insourced testing
– CMMi, TMM, TPI, CTP, STEP
Standards in testing
Test tools & automation
Risk management in the life cycle
ISTQB Test Manager Examination
– This training prepares you for the ”ISTQB Advanced Level Test Manager” examination. The (optional) ISTQB Test Manager certification test is organized around two weeks after the training. The exact time of the test is agreed separately with the participants.
– Examination costs are not included in the course price. An additional 220 eur + vat will be charged for attending the certification examination.
– Please mention in the ”additional information” field of the enrollment form if you want to participate in the certification test.
Timetable for test manager training
Training days begin at 9:00 and end at 16:30, morning coffee available from 8:30 am onwards.
Tieturi Oy, Tammasaarenkatu 5, Helsinki
11.12.-20.12.2017. Klo 9:00 – 16:30
2 890 eur (+ alv 24 %)