The Leading Large Projects – PM 3 program focuses on large project leadership with a specific focus on stakeholders, complexities in projects, and change challenges. The program will be led by world renowned faculty Stephen Carver who will combine his vast practical and professional experience to create a memorable and impactful learning session for participants.
During the program, you will be looking at different aspects of what makes leading large and complex projects challenging. These include not only the size of the projects in itself but also the environment, stakeholders, and all people involved in the projects and the ones needed for the successful completion of a large project. Often large projects are also changing initiatives, and this is covered as one part of the program. This program is aimed at project managers who have the responsibility for the successful completion of complex projects. The program provides you a unique opportunity to develop your skills with renowned international faculty, interactive exercises through the program days, and experienced co-participants.
– Internationally renowned faculty
– Learning based on multiple hands-on exercises and simulation
– Unique program in Finland
The program provides you with a holistic understanding of how to be successful as a project director in mega projects and gives an opportunity to experiment with what you have learned. Through the program, the project manager will be better prepared to meet the day-to-day challenges.
– You will get a deep understanding of complexities of leading large projects and change initiatives
– You will learn methods and best practices for leading large and complex projects
– You will be a part of the network of experienced project managers
The program is aimed at experienced project managers and project directors who want to deepen their understanding of the complexities of leading large projects.
The program suits well for project managers whose responsibility has increased to cover managing stakeholders, change, and risks as well as leading a larger team.
Stephen Carver, Cranfield University
Stephen Carver is internally renowned teacher and consultant in the field of project and program management.
Stephen Carver is a Senior Lecturer at Cranfield University, He started his career as an oil engineer and later at Virgin and then onto a global company as head of change and. He splits his time between academic lecturing and change consultancy.
Contents and Schedule
The program covers themes around leading large projects and managing stakeholders as a key element. The program also looks at the complexities of projects from a structural, emergent, and social perspective. Finally, the topic of projects as change initiatives is covered.
Leading Large Projects is a 2-day program that consists of an interactive simulation exercise, thought-provoking lectures, and faculty group discussions to learn and share experiences with other participants.
– Thought provoking lecturesWorld-class faculty sharing knowledge and experience
– Simulation exerciseAction-oriented team work to practice project management and leadership
– Group discussionsOpportunity for sharing and learning from other participants
Day 1: Understanding How to Deal With Project Complexities
– Types of complexities in projects
– Managing complexity (structural, emergent, sociopolitical)
– Leadership challenges in large projects
Day 2: Managing Stakeholders and Leading Projects for Change
– Stakeholder engagement
– Tools and methods for managing stakeholders
– Simulation exercises
– Large projects as change initiatives
Aalto-yliopisto Töölö, Runeberginkatu 14-16, 00100 Helsinki
May 3–4, 2023
1 790 EUR (+ VAT).
Mikäli Asiakas peruuttaa osallistumisensa valmennusohjelmaan 15-21 vrk ennen valmennusohjelman alkua, veloitetaan Asiakkaalta 20 % Palvelun hinnasta. Peruutuksen tapahtuessa 8-14 vrk ennen valmennusohjelman alkua, veloitetaan Asiakkaalta 50 % Palvelun hinnasta. Jos peruutus tapahtuu tämän jälkeen tai peruutusilmoitus jää kokonaan tekemättä, veloitetaan Asiakkaalta koko osallistumismaksu.
Ilmoittaudu ohjelmaan 11.4.2023 mennessä.